This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to contribute to the creation of an organisation development plan which ensures that the organisation will become more effective over time in achieving its goals.
It applies to individuals with organisation wide responsibilities who are critically involved in shaping and focussing the organisation so that it can adapt to new technologies, challenges and markets.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1.1 Analyse strategic plans to determine organisation development needs and objectives
1.2 Consult with relevant groups and individuals to profile the organisation s culture and readiness for organisational development
1.3 Determine who will take key roles in the organisational development process and confirm their commitment
1.4 Collect and analyse data on areas of the business experiencing problems or that need realignment
1.5 Determine and agree on objectives and strategies for organisational development
1.6 Consider change management techniques required to achieve the workplace culture outcomes and build them into the organisation development plan
1.7 Develop communication/education plans to achieve communication objectives in relation to the desired work environment and desired approach to problem-solving and developmental activities
2.1 Identify and implement consultative processes to maximise participation in the organisation development process
2.2 Undertake team development and training activities to develop collaborative approaches to problem-solving and development
2.3 Facilitate groups to articulate problems and to propose means for resolving the problems
2.4 Manage conflict between individuals and/or groups to achieve consensus or agreement
2.5 Undertake interventions in accordance with the organisation development plan
2.6 Brainstorm alternative proposals and negotiate and agree on outcomes
3.1 Undertake surveys to identify any loss of support for organisational development programs and activities
3.2 Maintain regular team meetings and individual feedback in accordance with communication plan
3.3 Set out activities and interventions in the organisation development plan and maintain, evaluate and modify them as required
3.4 Ensure senior management reinforces organisation development program by ongoing messages of support and appropriate resource allocation
3.5 Evaluate organisation development plans in terms of costs and benefits, including opportunity costs
4.1 Determine and select most appropriate options for treating risks
4.2 Develop an action plan for implementing risk treatment
4.3 Communicate risk management processes to relevant parties
4.4 Ensure all documentation is in order and appropriately stored
4.5 Implement and monitor action plan
4.6 Evaluate risk management process
About This Course
Evidence of the ability to:
- analyse information and data about the organisation and develop an organisation development plan including:
- agreed objectives
- change management and communications strategies
- identified roles
- implement the development plan including:
- developing the team
- managing conflict
- solving problems
- consult and communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders to:
- determine agreed objectives and outcomes
- manage conflict
- monitor and promote participation in and support for the development activities
- evaluate the development plan and make adjustments as appropriate.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain how to maximise participation in and support for organisation development including strategies or techniques for:
- change management
- evaluating the process and outcomes
- generating ideas and options
- managing conflict and resolving problems
- outline theories of organisational behaviour and dynamics relevant to planning and implementing organisational development
- explain the impact of legislation on organisational development and change
- list aspects of organisation culture that can affect organisation development and explain how to address them in planning and implementation.
Assessment must be conducted in a safe environment where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of typical activities experienced in the management and leadership field of work and include access to:
- relevant legislation and regulation
- workplace documentation and resources
- case studies and, where possible, real situations
- interaction with others.
Assessors must satisfy NVR/AQTF assessor requirements.